Multifunction Cardiogram (MCG) Requirement
Effective January 22, 2023: All students or renters who have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 mRNA injection, and who wish to act as pilot in command (PIC) in our aircraft, must complete a Multifunction Cardiogram (MCG) and show proof of completing this test before their first solo flight or rental. All Holladay Aviation students and renters who present us with proof of payment for the test will receive a $250 credit on their flight training and aircraft rental account — so the test won’t cost you anything. We don’t need to see your test results, just a receipt for payment for the test. It is our hope that this effort will encourage all pilots to get tested, find out where they stand, and get help if necessary. Click here for more information about COVID-19 mRNA injection risks and the MCG test. This is in addition to a traditional EKG which may be required to obtain the required FAA medical certificate.
Flight and ground lessons are available seven days a week, and must be scheduled only within the following 2.5-hour blocks of time:
- 7 am – 9:30 am
- 9:30 am – 12 pm (12-1 is our lunch break)
- 1 pm – 3:30 pm
- 3:30 pm – 6 pm
- 6:30 pm – 9 pm (6-6:30 is our dinner break)
Billing and Payments
Students will be billed for the entire time that the instructor is providing ground instruction and/or flight instruction; this includes the pre-flight briefing and post-flight debriefing. There is a minimum charge of 2 hours of instruction for all flight and ground lessons. This includes aircraft checkouts and flight reviews. Aircraft rental is billed separately.
State and local sales tax (7.5 percent) is added to all solo aircraft rentals. This does not apply to dual instruction flights or discovery flights.
Payment is due after each lesson and can be made using a major credit card, check or cash.
Effective November 1, 2022: Customers who prepay $1,000 or more via cash or check only will receive a 10 percent bonus credit on their flight training account. All unused account funds are fully refundable, less any bonus credits applied.
Monthly Maintenance Fee
A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will automatically be assessed on the first of each month for all customers who use our aircraft for training or rental. The fee is waived for customers who use their own aircraft for training, customers who only use our flight simulator, and for customers who are active duty military.
There is a minimum $75 fee (one hour of instructor time) for all new customer orientations. This may include: processing a student pilot certificate, a log book audit, collecting TSA documentation, and reviewing all Holladay Aviation policies and training program materials.
We understand that occasionally, a customer will need to cancel a lesson on short notice due to unexpected circumstances such as illness, or an urgent work or family obligation. If you are going to be late or need to reschedule, please call or send a text message to your instructor as soon as possible (preferably no later than 6 a.m. if your lesson begins at 7 a.m. that same day).
- Illness — If you are sick or suspect that you might be getting sick, you may NOT come in for a lesson. Anyone who enters our facility visibly or audibly ill will be sent home immediately. This includes guests and staff members. There is no charge for cancelling due to illness, even on short notice.
- Weather — Students should assume that their scheduled lesson will be conducted rain or shine. In the event the weather is not suitable for a flight, a ground lesson will be conducted.
- No-shows may be billed for 2.5 hours of instruction.
- If you cancel a flight lesson with an instructor within 24 hours, and we are unable to rebook the lesson, you may be billed for 2.5 hours of instruction.
- If your instructor determines that the lesson should be rescheduled for any reason, including weather, you will be contacted by the instructor and no cancellation fee will be assessed.
For more information, please see our Rental Checkouts page.
All renters must return the aircraft with full fuel tanks unless specifically authorized by a Holladay Aviation staff member. Renters will be reimbursed for fuel purchases at the current Craig Air Center self-serve rate. Proper refueling procedures are included in the initial rental checkout and will be reviewed during annual proficiency checks.