Flight and ground lessons are available seven days a week, and must be scheduled only within the following 2.5-hour blocks of time:
- 7 am – 9:30 am
- 9:30 am – 12 pm
- 1 pm – 3:30 pm
- 3:30 pm – 6 pm
- 6 pm – 8:30 pm (reserved for night or IFR flights only during fall/winter months)
Billing and Payments
Students will be billed for the entire time that the instructor is providing ground instruction and/or flight instruction; this includes the pre-flight briefing and post-flight debriefing. There is a minimum charge of 2 hours of instruction for all flight and ground lessons. This includes aircraft checkouts and flight reviews. Aircraft rental is billed separately.
State and local sales tax (7.5 percent) is added to all solo aircraft rentals. This does not apply to dual instruction flights or discovery flights.
Payment is due after each lesson and can be made using a major credit card, check or cash.
We offer a 5 percent bonus credit for all cash or check payments of $1,000 or more. Balances are fully refundable at any time, less the bonus credit.
Monthly Maintenance Fee
A monthly maintenance fee of $50 will automatically be assessed on the first of each month for all customers who use our aircraft for training or rental. The fee is waived for customers who use their own aircraft for training, customers who only use our flight simulator, and for customers who are active duty military.
We understand that occasionally, a customer will need to cancel a lesson on short notice due to unexpected circumstances such as illness, or an urgent work or family obligation. If you are going to be late or need to reschedule, please call or send a text message to your instructor as soon as possible (preferably no later than 6 a.m. if your lesson begins at 7 a.m. that same day).
- Illness — If you are sick or suspect that you might be getting sick, you may NOT come in for a lesson. Anyone who enters our facility visibly or audibly ill will be sent home immediately. This includes guests and staff members. There is no charge for cancelling due to illness, even on short notice.
- Weather — Students should assume that their scheduled lesson will be conducted rain or shine. In the event the weather is not suitable for a flight, a ground lesson will be conducted. If you cancel a flight lesson with an instructor within 24 hours due to weather, you may be billed for 2 hours of instruction.
- No-shows may be billed for 2 hours of instruction.
- If your instructor determines that the lesson should be rescheduled for any reason, including weather, you will be contacted by the instructor and no cancellation fee will be assessed.
To act as pilot in command (PIC) of one of our Cessna aircraft, a thorough checkout with a staff instructor is required. Renters must demonstrate satisfactory knowledge and skill for the FAA airman certificate they possess:
- Student pilots must satisfy all requirements and comply with all limitations as outlined in FAR Part 61, Subpart C
- Private, Commercial and ATP rated pilots must satisfy the requirements of FAR 61.56 (flight review) and 61.57 (recent flight experience).
- Instrument rated pilots must complete an Instrument Proficiency Check with a staff instructor.
Even if you have been flying for decades and have thousands of hours of flight time logged, the rental checkout will generally require at least two lessons with a staff instructor. All rental checkouts must include satisfactory demonstration of crosswind takeoffs and landings, emergency procedures, and proper checklist usage. For more information, please see our Rental Checkouts page.
All renter pilots must fly our aircraft at least once every 90 days and complete an annual proficiency check with an instructor to maintain rental privileges.
We do not authorize one-time or short-term rentals. There are no daily flight minimums for rentals, but overnight and multi-day rentals require management approval. All reservations are subject to modification or cancellation by Holladay Aviation.
All renters must return the aircraft with full fuel tanks unless specifically authorized by a Holladay Aviation staff member. Renters will be reimbursed for fuel purchases at the current Craig Air Center self-serve rate. Proper refueling procedures are included in the initial rental checkout and will be reviewed during annual proficiency checks.