Next Meeting: Saturday, February 6 at 10 am
Holladay Aviation hosts this free monthly seminar focused on reviewing key safety topics of interest to all pilots of all experience levels. We will use free online resources including FAASafety.gov and the FAA’s YouTube channel.
Ever wondered what it would be like to fly an airplane on a long-distance trip, perhaps to a neighboring state or even to a different region of the country? There’s more to it than just getting a standard weather briefing and plotting a route on a chart. This month, we’ll provide you with some real-world flight planning tips and techniques including:
- Using ForeFlight to plan efficient and fun fuel stops and overnight stays
- Do’s and don’ts when traveling with family members, children and pets
- Using satellite imagery to survey the airports you’ll be flying into
- How to reserve a crew car or a rental car
- Managing your expectations and preparing for the unexpected
- … and more!
Real-World Flight Planning