Please note that Holladay Aviation does not authorize one-time or short-term rentals. There are no daily flight minimums for rentals, but overnight and multi-day rentals require management approval. All reservations are subject to modification or cancellation by Holladay Aviation. For more information, please see our Policies page. All pilots must have a signed Rental Agreement on file with Holladay Aviation.
Renter Requirements (for all rated pilots):
- Complete initial rental checkout using our Rental Checkout and Flight Review Syllabus
- Annual Flight Review with a staff instructor using our Rental Checkout and Flight Review Syllabus
- Renters must fly Holladay Aviation aircraft every 90 days to maintain rental privileges. If renter has not flown within the previous 90 days, he/she must complete a Make and Model checkout with a staff instructor to restore rental privileges.
- Instrument rated pilots who wish to rent under IFR must complete an IPC as part of the initial rental checkout, and must maintain FAA currency under FAR Part 61
- Checkout required for each make and model flown, but a full rental checkout does not need to be completed for each make and model once the initial rental checkout is completed. Example: Renter completes flight review in Cessna 172, but has no previous time in Cessna 150. Checkout in Cessna 150 may be accomplished via takeoffs and landings in the pattern at CRG.
- Aircraft checkouts do not expire, only annual Flight Reviews
Student pilots must fly with a staff instructor every 30 days to maintain solo privileges.
New WINGS Proficiency Program Incentives (effective August 1, 2021):
- FAA Flight Review completed with a staff instructor every 12 calendar months (can be accomplished through the FAA WINGS program)
- Non-student pilots who fly with a Holladay Aviation staff CFI for proficiency or to learn new skills can apply for WINGS credit.
- Pilots earn cash bonuses on their Flight Circle account for WINGS participation:
- 1 WINGS credit = $50 bonus
- 6 total credits to complete a WINGS program phase = $300 maximum bonus
- Successful completion of a WINGS phase = Flight Review Completed
Earning a phase of WINGS requires:
- 3 knowledge credits
- 3 flight credits
Pilots are responsible for managing their WINGS program account and for requesting activity validation from a staff CFI and for presenting proof of participation to Holladay Aviation management. Once validation is completed, print out the acknowledgement or certificate from the WINGS program and present to Meredith Holladay to receive Flight Circle credits.
Here are some resources that may be of use in preparing for a Holladay Aviation rental checkout and/or FAA flight review:
FAA Flight Review Preparation Course (Free on FAASafety.gov)
FAA Advisory Circular 61-98D: Currency Requirements and Guidance for the Flight Review and Instrument Proficiency Check